In this course we provide materials to integrate global issues such as climate change, sustainable ecosystems, food, water, energy, and health into the Primary Science Curriculum in an age-appropriate way.
We live in a complex, interconnected world where we share life systems and challenges - this course relates to and supports the DfE Climate and Sustainability Strategy for Schools.
- To recognise the essential role that science education plays in creating a sustainable future world
- To gain knowledge and confidence in teaching about climate change, biodiversity loss and sustainable systems in Primary Science
- To understand the DfE Climate and Sustainability Strategy and how this can support and enrich the science curriculum
- To build pupil critical thinking skills alongside scientific skills so they can question information and perspectives
- To access quality, age-appropriate classroom resources for planning and progression of learning in Global Science
Who is this for?
Primary headteachers and science lead teachers
Key Stage 1 and 2 class teachers
With Westmorland and Furness Council: Wednesday 8th May 2024 // 2pm-4pm // zoom
Use code WFC PD 22 and either
With Cumberland Council: Thursday 19th October 2024 // 2pm–4pm // zoom
Use code CSD 23 21 and either