The Global Teachers Award builds your skills, confidence and practical approaches to incorporate global learning into your Early Years setting.
How will achieving the Global Teachers Award help me and my children work towards the Early Learning Goals?
By incorporating global learning in your lessons, and having the understanding gained through the Global Teachers Award, you will be helping your pupils with:
- Communication and Language Development (by encouraging discussion and reflection)
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development (by developing child voice, self-confidence, collaboration and empathy)
- Understanding the World (learning about people and communities, the world, technology)
It also benefits Characteristics of Effective Learning through:
- Active learning - motivation
- Creating and thinking critically
What does the course involve?
- Six hours of face-to-face training.
- A follow up global learning activity that you carry out with your class and then critically reflect upon.
Who is it suitable for?
Teachers of all phases and all subjects, including Early Years, will benefit from the course. It’s particularly useful to international or global coordinators and those holding responsibility for Eco-schools, SMSC, Fairtrade, and so on.
Who recognises the Award?
The Global Teachers Award is endorsed by Oxfam and now approved by the British Council for delivery within the Connecting Classrooms through Global Learning (CCGL) CPD offer.
How can I fund the course?
This Intermediate course (which is a CCGL Level 2 course) is free to QTS teachers working in all state-funded schools. It is also free to those working in pre-schools and nurseries who receive state funding for three-year-olds.
What are the current open course dates?
We are running the course in Ambleside on:
- 21 May from 9am to 4pm
If your whole school is interested in training, we can provide this as an Inset. Please give us a call to discuss this option.
How do I book on?
Use this link to book on to either of the course dates we currently have available. If you have any problems, please give us a call on 015394 31602