The Global Teachers Award builds your skills, confidence and practical approaches to incorporate global learning into the curriculum, and active global citizenship into your school.
Achieving the Global Teachers Award will improve and benefit your teaching and your children’s learning
Through the course, you will learn about and explore:
- global concepts – ensuring you understand the fundamentals of global learning and developing your skills to bring these into your classroom
- different perspectives – so that you can effectively question pupils' and teachers' assumptions
- various approaches to learning – and in so doing develop your own and you pupil’s critical thinking skills
- applying learning – in the classroom, the curriculum and beyond
- measuring change – giving you the tools to evaluate the impact of global learning in your school.
What does the course involve?
- Six hours of face-to-face training.
- A follow up global learning activity that you carry out with your class and then critically reflect upon and submit.
Who is it suitable for?
Teachers of all phases and all subjects, including Key Stage 2 teachers, will benefit from the course. It’s particularly useful to international or global coordinators and those holding responsibility for Eco-schools, SMSC, Fairtrade, and so on.
Who recognises the Award?
The Global Teachers Award is endorsed by Oxfam and now approved by the British Council for delivery within the Connecting Classrooms through Global Learning (CCGL) CPD offer.
How can I fund the course?
If you are a QTS teacher working in a state-funded school, this Intermediate course (which is a CCGL Level 2 course) is fully funded.
What are the current open course dates?
We are running the course in Ambleside on:
- 4 June from 9am to 4pm
- 2 October from 9am to 4pm.
If your whole school is interested in training, we can provide this as an Inset. Please give us a call to discuss this option.
How do I book on?
Use this link to book on to either of the course dates we currently have available. If you have any problems, please give us a call on 015394 31602.