Embark on the Global Teachers' Award and give yourself the skills, understanding and resources to be a confident global teacher and leader in your school.
- to increase your ability to understand and critique the knowledge base and key concepts associated with education for a just and sustainable world (global learning)
- to be able to identify a range of different perspectives, and question the assumptions behind them
- to enhance your understanding of approaches to learning which promote critical literacy
- to develop practical ideas for incorporating new insights into your personal life and work-related role
- to be able to justify incorporating global learning in the curriculum and include activities to measure changes in attitudes of your pupils in relation to global issues
- to increase your confidence and understanding of how to promote informed, active global citizenship
Who is this for?
Teachers of all phases and all subjects will benefit from the course. It’s particularly useful to international or global coordinators and those holding responsibility for Eco-schools, SMSC, Fairtrade, and Climate and Sustainability in schools.
The Online face-to-face Global Teachers Award takes place over 2 afternoons. Participants must attend both sessions and complete a reflective assignment to attain the Award.
Day 1: Thursday 22nd February 2024 // 1:30pm - 4:30pm
Day 2: Thursday 29th February 2024 // 1:30pm - 4:30pm