Book on to this two-day course to advance your skills in conducting higher quality enquiries and in supporting less experienced colleagues.
- Have you completed Level 1, including facilitating at least six P4C enquiries, and been using P4C regularly for at least six months?
- Are your students starting to ask higher order questions and to self-facilitate?
- Do you want to start supporting colleagues who are less confident or experienced in P4C?
“P4C gives pupils the ability to approach and voice a range concepts, ideas and opinions in a non-judgemental and open environment where the most important thing is their ability to think.”
Ben Wohl, Chair of Governors, Armathwaite Community Primary School (SAPERE P4C Gold Award School)
You will learn how to:
- facilitate P4C enquiries with more flexibility and reflection
- enhance learning through critical, creative, caring and collaborative thinking
- drive progress in philosophical enquiry at your school.
The SAPERE accredited Level 2A course:
- examines the nature, purpose and methods of philosophical enquiry
- shows how to choose and create materials to stimulate deeper philosophical thinking and dialogue
- extends practices and tools for better philosophical thinking and facilitation
- strengthens understanding of the theory and practice of critical, creative, caring and
- establishes criteria for planning and evaluating progress over a cycle of P4C enquiry,
exercise and review.
How much does it cost?
£200 per person for those from CDEC member schools
£280 per person for those from non-member schools (find out more about CDEC membership here)
When and where is the course being held?
It is on 13 and 14 November 2019 and is being run at North Lakes School, Penrith
What qualifications do I need to complete Level 2a?
Participants must have completed the Level 1 and hold a SAPERE P4C Initial Practitioner
What do I get after the course?
Completion of the course and coursework will qualify you for a SAPERE P4C Facilitator Certificate.
Who is facilitating the course?
Jane Yates, a SAPERE Registered Trainer