Engaging young children in global learning is about setting the foundations – of curiosity, wonder, cooperation, understanding similarities with others around the world, celebrating differences rather than being afraid of them.
This session investigates practical ways of developing learning and shows how through stories, play and experiential learning children can explore links between ourselves, our environment and the wider world.
Aims of the course:
- Review and refresh your understanding of approaching global learning in KS1 / EYFS
- Understand more about Fairtrade and what it means
- Introduce you to the ‘Global Teacher’
- Trial some lesson plans for classroom activity
By the end of the course you will:
- be able to link the global with the local
- be able to use a range of tools to keep the dialogue and questions going in your classroom
- understand what a ‘Global Teacher’ is
- be confident to engage young children by building their curiosity and celebrating differences.