This is a ‘must do’ session if your school is considering how to get the most out of an international school link.
School partnerships have an important part to play in helping young people to understand different cultures and to prepare to study and work in an increasingly globalised society. They can contribute to pupils’ achievement and to their spiritual, moral, social and cultural development.
Aims of the course:
- Explore the motivations for linking with other places
- Look at the practicalities of linking, like finding a partner and developing a partnership agreement
- Understand where to look for funding to support your global link
By the end of the course you will:
- have considered the expectations of a global link
- know how to find a partner and funding for first teacher visits
- have some activities that could take place in your link
- have some ideas of how to share planning with your partner
- have an overview of principles and practice and what to do next.