Join us for a one-off course on how to use conceptual art in your philosophical practice with Anastasia Avdieva, who joins us from Moscow.
The workshop will begin with a short discussion: “What is a conceptual art?” Anastasia, a SAPERE Level 2A trained practitioner, will provide a conceptual triangle as a guide to the practice that you can take away with you at the end of the session.
During the workshop, you will then use an art object in very specific ways developed by Anastasia in her work with children and families.
The course will look at the following:
1. Using an art object for initial Inquiry
2. Conceptualising: giving a name to the art object
3. Developing argumentation skills and critical thinking: justifying and criticising the proposed concepts, analysing the arguments.
4. Questioning: participants will learn how to look for philosophical questions that the art object raises and how to ask effective questions to support the children
5. Writing and analysing a conceptual text.
6. Creating your own art object.
Come along to this workshop to:
- expand your experience of P4C
- discover even more innovative ways to bring critical thinking to the fore of your pupils’ minds
- be part of a unique workshop
When? Wednesday 8 May
Where? University of Cumbria Campus, Ambleside
Time? 1.30pm to 4.30pm
Cost? £40 for non-members, £35 for CDEC members
How do I book? Complete the form below and we'll be in touch! But hurry as places are limited.