Apr 30, 2018
Who isn't concerned about the wellbeing of our young people? And that of our planet? We developed this course to help you help your children deal with the pressures and challenges of everyday life. And we've linked it to exploring the wellbeing of our society and planet to try and understand how they are connected.
This course will help enable you to use an outdoor space as more than just a powerful medium for physical and mental wellbeing. It will link in with global concepts of identity, interconnectedness, reflective action, peace and conflict, sustainable societies and human rights. It also has the benefits of strengthening global understanding within PHSE and SMSC (great for Ofsted!).
A shortened version of this course was held as a workshop at the conference in March and proved to be a huge success! So email or call us to book your place or your whole-school course with us right now!
Upcoming open courses
- 23 May – Five Steps to Wellbeing through Global Outdoor Experiences, Eaglesfield Paddle School, near Cockermouth, 3.45-5.45pm (£40 per person)
We are running the following courses in association with Cumbria County Council (so you need to book through them!) and venues are still to be confirmed:
- 11 October - Hidden Stories Shared Lives, twilight course
- 12 October - Five Steps to Wellbeing, full-day course
- 21 November - Show Ofsted the World, half-day course
- 30 January - Global Literacy, twilight course
- TBC - Global Maths, twilight course