Sep 3, 2018
Get ready to get involved in Connecting Classrooms through Global Learning (CCGL) this autumn!
Being involved with CCGL will give you an opportunity to help you equip your pupils with the knowledge, skills and attitudes to live and work in a global sphere and to take action on global issues.
Helping build links with developing countries
CCGL will connect your classroom with international ones and provide opportunities for your pupils in the UK and those in the developing world to learn about the challenges we all face and help us to take action together.
A development of the Global Learning Programme
It is funded by the British Council and the Department for International Development and follows on from DFID’s Global Learning Programme, which ended in the July, and the British Council’s Connecting Classrooms.
CCGL will provide:
- Grants to support networks of schools and partnership projects between schools in the UK and schools in developing countries
- professional development training for teachers and school leaders in the UK and developing countries, with supply cover provided for cluster co-ordinators
- online partnerships plus access to teaching and learning resources
- school and teacher level accreditation and awards
advocacy and awareness raising at policy level
- monitoring and evaluation.
To get involved, head to https://schoolsonline.britishcouncil.org/new-connecting-classrooms-through-global-learning-programme to express your interest!