Membership of CDEC offers primary and secondary schools a range of unique resources and training opportunities in a whole plethora of topics and areas related to our place on the planet and our role within our local community - strengthening young people's voices, giving minoritised groups confidence, helping school children develop empathy and giving them agency to be responsible for their 'space'.
This has never been more important now as we continue to face the effects of Coronavirus within Cumbria.
Current Subscriptions Rates for 2020-2021
(only one membership per school is needed for each member of staff to have access to the service. Membership runs from 1 September to 31 August)
Preschool and nursery schools;
Primary schools with fewer than 50 pupils
|Primary/secondary schools |
(with fewer than 300 on the roll)
|Secondary schools |
(with more than 300 on the roll)
If you would prefer for us to invoice you:
- for new memberships please complete this simple online form.
- for schools that are existing members and wish to renew, please complete this form.
Membership in the time of COVID
We are adapting ourselves, and have taken a careful look at what member benefits we can offer schools online. Take a look below to see what we have added to the support we offer our school members - we have worked on how we can support you remotely and have some new ways to help you teach global learning within the school for the good of your pupils and community.
Our resource boxes are ready to loan!
we are using a strict quarantine and cleaning regime for all boxes so that there is no chance of the virus being passed between schools through the artefacts (if you have any particular ways we have to do this for your school or organisation, please let us know).
What are the perks of being a member of CDEC?
As a member, you get:
- support to bring global learning into your classroom, including:
- exclusive invitations to our new In Conversation With... webinars (topics have so far included climate change in the classroom, diverse literature, approaching online grooming using novels, P4C resources such as The Playground of Ideas, the Philosopher's Backpack and The Philosophy of Global Learning)
- an invitation for your teachers to join our Global Learning Network where you get to meet other global learning teachers and receive support and advice from CDEC's experts - this is now meeting virtually
- a free place on an open online face-to-face Embedding Global Learning in your School training course
- support for your topics - let us know what topics you are teaching and we can recommend activities and reading lists to help integrate global learning into them
- a monthly email with activities on a global learning theme aimed at EYFS, KS1, KS2 and KS3
- to borrow our resource boxes for free, as well as:
- invitations to online sessions on how to make the most of our resource boxes
- discounts off a range of our training and facilitating packages:
- 10% off our open CPD courses (so that's £3 off a £30 place on a course)
- a discount of 25% off our Creative Assembly (so £10 off the normal price of £40)
- 10% off our Creative Classrooms programme (where we take a class for you on one of our themes)
- the opportunity to get involved in CDEC's projects or help with other organisations global learning schemes:
- members are first in line for invitations to take part in our unique international and local projects, which bring global citizenship to your door, benefiting your school, teachers and your pupils
- ask us for advice and support on how to work towards accreditation of a number of schemes that support global learning – like Christian Aid’s Global Neighbour’s Programme, becoming an EcoSchool and gaining Fairtrade School status.
- the satisfaction that you are supporting global learning in Cumbria for years to come!
Get in touch with us to find out more about any of these benefits or to take us up on them!