Do you want to use the outdoors and the global context to improve your children’s wellbeing? Learn to develop your outdoor spaces as a powerful medium for improving physical and mental health, and understanding of our interconnectedness.
Your course leader will enable you as a teacher to use an outdoor space as a powerful medium for improving physical and mental wellbeing. They will also link physical and mental wellbeing in with global concepts of identity, interconnectedness, reflective action, peace and conflict, sustainable societies and human rights.
By the end of the course, you will have consolidated your own global understanding and be able to use this knowledge and skill within PHSE and SMSC strands of your teaching.
Aims of the course:
- Gain an understanding of the five steps to mental well-being as recognised by the NHS
- Discover how global outdoor experiences can be key to encouraging well-being
- Explore how outdoor mindfulness activities link to global learning
- Contribute towards the development of a more sustainable society
By the end of this course, you will:
- have a clear understanding of the NHS ‘5 steps to Wellbeing’ and how they can benefit their pupils
- be confident to plan engaging outdoor global activities with opportunities for self reflection, mindfulness, cooperation and communication
- understand how these activities can support deep thinking and positive change at an individual and a whole-school level
To find out about dates for courses in your school or for open course dates and to book your place, please get in touch - email@example.com